Health ~ Coping ~ Inspiring
Inspiring quotes to help you let go so you can grow.
They have a huge amount of goodness so feel free to visit~
I'll copy and paste the some pages here in case they go offline. I have
to preserve them; they're too awesome, insightful and precious... The most
valuable things in life are often free.
Their lists have numbers, mine can't. I made the sacrifice to be able to
customize them the best I could. Sorry about that. "Don't let the perfect
be the enemy of the good".
50 quotes to help you let go and live
quotes to help you let go and live
page taken from marcandangel,
post written by Angel Chernoff:
“Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of
great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength
to know when to let go and then do it.” Ann Landers
Letting go doesn't mean you don't care about someone or something anymore;
it's just realizing that the only thing you truly have control over is yourself,
right here, right now. It's a necessary process of adapting to the
ever-changing realities of life; leaving behind the past to make way for
the present. Here are 50 quotes gathered from recent entries in our (their)
that will help you let go and live well.
- As we grow older and wiser, we begin to realize what we need and what
we need to leave behind. Sometimes walking away is a step forward.
- You will never achieve what you are capable of if you're too attached
to things you're supposed to let go of.
- Sometimes there are things in our lives that aren't meant to stay.
Sometimes the changes we don't want are the changes we need to grow.
- Growth and change may be painful sometimes, but nothing in life is
as painful as staying stuck where you don't belong.
- The hardest part about growing is letting go of what you were used
to, and moving on with something you're not.
- Accept what is, let go of what was and have faith in what could be.
- Don't be afraid of change. Change happens for a reason.
Roll with it. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it.
- It's usually quite hard to let go and move on, but once you do, you'll
feel free and realize it was the best decision you've ever made.
- Never let your fear decide your future.
- Fear doesn't exist anywhere except in your mind. It's difficult
to follow your heart, but it's a tragedy to let the lies of fear stop
you. Read Daring
- You can't always wait for the perfect moment. Sometimes you
must let go and dare to do it because life is too short to wonder what
could have been.
- You're not the same person you were a year ago, a month ago, or a
week ago. You're always growing. Experiences don't stop.
- One of the most rewarding moments in life is when you finally find
the courage to let go of what you can't change.
- Never force anything. Give it your best shot, and then let it
be. If it's meant to be, it will be. Don't hold yourself
down with things you can't control.
- When you stop expecting people and situations to be perfect, you can
start to appreciate them for who and what they are.
- Live simply. Love generously. Speak truthfully.
Breathe deeply. Do your best. Leave everything else to the
powers above you.
- Giving up and moving on are two very different things.
- Moving on doesn't mean forgetting, it means you choose happiness over
- Giving up doesn't always mean you're weak; sometimes it simply means
you are strong enough and smart enough to let go and grow.
- Stop focusing on how stressed you are and remember how blessed you
are. It could be so much worse.
- Whatever is bringing you down, let it GO! You don't need that
negativity in your life. Keep calm and be positive. Good
things will happen.
- Some people cannot stand that you're moving on with your life and
so they will try to drag your past to catch up with you. Do not
help them by acknowledging their behavior. Keep moving forward.
- No matter how you live, someone will be disappointed. So just
live your truth and be sure YOU aren't the one who is disappointed in
- Love yourself! Forgive yourself! Accept yourself!
You are YOU and that's the beginning and the end - no apologies, no
- You are GOOD enough, SMART enough, FINE enough, and STRONG enough.
You don't need other people to validate you; you're already valuable.
Little Things Happy, Successful People Do Differently.)
- One of the most freeing things we learn in life is that we don't have
to like everyone, everyone doesn't have to like us, and it's perfectly
- Try not to take things other people say about you too personally.
What they think and say is a reflection of them, not you.
- If you care too much about what other people think, in a way, you
will always be their prisoner.
- Sometimes we expect more from others because we'd be willing to do
that much for them. Keep loving. You'll learn who's worth
it in the end.
- Not everyone will appreciate what you do for them. You have
to figure out who's worth your attention and who's just taking advantage
- Saying yes to happiness means learning to say no to the people and
things that hurt you. Be wise enough to walk away from the negativity.
- What you allow is what will continue. It's better to be lonely
than allow negative people and their opinions derail you from your destiny.
- If you feel like your ship is sinking, it might be a good time to
throw out the stuff that's been weighing it down. Let go of people
who bring you down, and surround yourself with those who bring out the
best in you.
- Just because someone has been in your life for many years, doesn't
mean there shouldn't be a point at which you finally decide to let go.
- One of the most difficult tasks in life is removing someone from your
- You have to understand that people come and people go. That's
life. Stop holding on to those who have let go of you long ago.
- Sometimes we don't forgive people because they deserve it. We
forgive them because they need it, because we need it, and because we
cannot let go and move forward without it.
- The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive
is the strongest. The first to move forward is the happiest.
- Don't cry over the past, it's gone. Don't stress about the future,
it hasn't arrived. Do your best to live in the NOW and make it
beautiful. (Read The
Power of Now)
- Be wise enough to let go when you should and strong enough to hold
on when you must.
- Don't let dumb little things break your happiness. True wealth
is the ability to experience and appreciate each moment for what it's
- Life is too short to spend at war with yourself. Practice acceptance
and forgiveness. Letting go of yesterday's troubles is your first
step towards happiness today.
- Worry gives small things a big shadow. In the end, you can either
focus on what's tearing you apart, or what's holding you together.
- Old worries are down payments on problems you may never have.
Let them go. Today is a NEW beginning; take a deep breath and
- Smile, even when it feels like things are falling apart. Smiling
doesn't always mean you're happy; sometimes it simply means you're strong.
- There comes a time when you have to stop thinking about your mistakes
and move on. No regrets in life; just lessons that show you the
- Remember the good times, be strong during tough times, love always,
laugh often, live honestly, and be thankful for each new day.
- You can't let one bad moment spoil a bunch of good ones. Don't
let the silly little dramas of each day get you down.
- If you are diligent and patient, everything you truly need in your
life will come to you at the right time.
- Everything will fall into place eventually. Until then, learn
what you can, laugh often, live for the moments, and know it's all worthwhile.
Get back up
50 quotes that will free your mind
quotes that will free your mind
page taken from marcandangel,
post written by Angel Chernoff:
"We are our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change
You have a train of thought on which you ride when you are alone and quietly
thinking. The self-worth you feel, as well as the happiness your life
brings, depends upon the direction in which this train is moving, the baggage
it carries and the emotional space through which it travels. Between
life's stimulus and your reaction is where this space exists; within it
is your power to choose how you react, and in your reaction lies your growth,
freedom and happiness. If you truly want to change your life, you must first
change your mind. You must free it from the restrictive thinking that
holds you back. Here are 50 thought-provoking quotes gathered from our sister
, and from our
(their) blog archive
that will help tweak
your thinking and set your mind free.
- You are only destined to become one person; the person you decide
- Do good and feel good. Do bad and feel bad. It's that
- You are what you do today, not what you say you'll do tomorrow.
- We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us.
- Ultimately, it's not what you do every once in a while; it's what
you dedicate yourself to on a regular basis that makes the difference.
- Stay true to yourself. Never be ashamed of doing what feels
right. Decide what you think is right and stick to it.
- If you don't stand for anything, you will remain forever on your knees.
- No amount of money will make you happy if you aren't happy with yourself.
- You know you've made the right decision when there is peace in your
- Don't worry if your goals seem crazy to other people; oftentimes the
crazy ideas are the ones that have the greatest impact.
- If you're thinking like everyone else, then you aren't thinking.
Fast and Slow.)
- Control your own destiny or someone else will try for you.
- Sometimes standing up to your friends can be just as difficult as
standing up to your enemies.
- The unhappiest people in this world are the people who care the most
about what everyone else thinks.
- When people undermine your dreams, predict your doom, or criticize
you, remember, they're telling you their story, not yours.
- There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take
- No one in the world was ever you before, with your particular gifts
and abilities and possibilities.
- Your greatest task isn't to find love, but to discover and destroy
all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
- A loving, happy person lives in a loving, happy world. A hateful,
miserable person lives in a hateful, miserable world. The world
around you reflects YOU.
- Worry gives small things a big shadow.
- Focus your conscious mind on things you desire not things you fear.
Doing so brings dreams to life.
- It's not the mistakes and failures you have to worry about, it's the
opportunities you miss when you don't even try that hurt the most.
- It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one over and over again.
- To get something you've never had, you must do something you've never
- The harder thing to do and the right thing to do are usually the same
- Our problems are really our blessings if we use them to grow stronger.
Little Things Happy, Successful People Do Differently.)
- Anyone can run away; it's super easy. Facing problems and working
through them, that's what makes you strong.
- When you have two good options, always go with the one that scares
you the most, because that's the one that's going to help you grow.
- Courage is being scared to death, and then taking the next step anyway.
- Sometimes our greatest insight comes from our failure, not from our
- You need to screw up to learn. You need to experience it all
to create greatness.
- Just because you don't understand something now doesn't mean the explanation
- Not knowing everything about your future is a good thing.
- Don't worry about what you can't control and you may liberate
- People of average ability often achieve outstanding success because
they don't know when to quit. Most people succeed simply because
they are determined to.
- Temporary happiness isn't worth long-term pain.
- Patience can be bitter, but the seeds you plant now will bear sweet
- The less you expect, the more pleasant life gets.
- The more you are in a state of gratitude, the more you will attract
things to be grateful for.
- The things you take for granted, someone else is praying for.
- It usually isn't what you have or where you are or what you're doing
that makes you happy. It's how you think about it all.
- Do not dwell so much on creating your perfect life that you forget
- You are not in competition with anybody except yourself; plan to outdo
your past not other people.
- To admit that you were wrong is to declare that you are wiser now
than you were before.
- Humans see what they want to see.
- If you spend too much time judging yourself, you won't have any time
to love yourself or anyone else. (Read The
Mastery of Love.)
- At the end of the day, you can either focus on what's tearing you
apart or what's holding you together.
- Look through the front windshield and not the rearview mirror.
- You don't get to choose how you are going to die, or when. But
you can choose
how you are going to live, right now.
- Be done with regrets; they are an excuse for people who have failed.
You still have a chance.
Get back up
60 quotes that will change the way you think
quotes that will change the way you think
page taken from marcandangel,
post written by Marc Chernoff:
In your quiet moments, what do you think about? How far you've come,
or how far you have to go? Your strengths, or your weaknesses?
The best that might happen, or the worst that might come to be? In
your quiet moments, pay attention to your thoughts. Because maybe,
just maybe, the only thing that needs to shift in order for you to experience
more happiness, more love, and more vitality, is your way of thinking. Here
are 60 thought-provoking quotes gathered from our sister site, Everyday
, and from out (their)
that will help you adjust your way of thinking.
- You cannot change what you refuse to confront.
- Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
- Don't think of cost. Think of value.
- Sometimes you need to distance yourself to see things clearly.
- Too many people buy things they don't need with money they don't have
to impress people they don't know. Read Rich
Dad, Poor Dad.
- No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying.
- If a person wants to be a part of your life, they will make an obvious effort to do so. Think twice before reserving a space in your heart for people who do not make an effort to stay.
- Making one person smile can change the world; maybe not the whole world, but their world.
- Saying someone is ugly doesn't make you any prettier.
- The only normal people you know are the ones you don't know very well.
- Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it.
- The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.
- It's better to be alone than to be in bad company.
- As we grow up, we realize it becomes less important to have more friends and more important to have real ones.
- Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.
- Giving up doesn't always mean you're weak, sometimes it means you
are strong enough and smart
enough to let go and move on.
- Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number
of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo,
Mother Teresea, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, Albert Einstein,
- If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.
- Don't choose the one who is beautiful to the world; choose the one who makes your world beautiful.
- Falling in love is not a choice. To stay in love is.
- True love isn't about being inseparable; it's about two people being true to each other even when they are separated.
- While you're busy looking for the perfect person, you'll probably miss the imperfect person who could make you perfectly happy.
- Never do something permanently foolish just because you are temporarily upset.
- You can learn great things from your mistakes when you aren't busy
denying them. Read The
7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- In life, if you don't risk anything, you risk everything.
- When you stop chasing the wrong things you give the right things a chance to catch you.
- Every single thing that has ever happened in your life is preparing you for a moment that is yet to come.
- There isn't anything noble about being superior to another person. True nobility is in being superior to the person you once were.
- Trying to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
- You will never become who you want to be if you keep blaming everyone else for who you are now.
- People are more what they hide than what they show.
- Sometimes people don't notice the things others do for them until they stop doing them.
- Don't listen to what people say, watch what they do.
- Being alone does not mean you are lonely, and being lonely does not mean you are alone.
- Love is not about sex, going on fancy dates, or showing off.
It's about being with a
person who makes you happy in a way nobody else can.
- Anyone can come into your life and say how much they love you. It takes someone really special to stay in your life and show how much they love you.
- Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion; today is special.
- Love and appreciate your parents. We are often so busy growing up, we forget they are also growing old.
- When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it's probably time to change the people around you.
- Learn to love yourself first, instead of loving the idea of other people loving you.
- When someone tells you, "You've changed," it might simply
be because you've stopped living your life their way.
- Someone else doesn't have to be wrong for you to be right.
- Be happy. Be yourself. If others don't like it, then let them be. Happiness is a choice. Life isn't about pleasing everybody.
- When you're up, your friends know who you are. When you're down, you know who your friends are.
- Don't look for someone who will solve all your problems; look for someone who will face them with you.
- If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him.
- No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest
- Many people are so poor because the only thing they have is money.
- Learn to appreciate the things you have before time forces you appreciate the things you once had.
- When you choose to see the good in others, you end up finding the good in yourself.
- You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
- It's better to know and be disappointed than to never know and always wonder.
- There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
- Happiness is not determined by what's happening around you, but rather what's happening inside you. Most people depend on others to gain happiness, but the truth is, it always comes from within.
- If you tell the truth, it becomes a part of your past. If you lie, it becomes a part of your future.
- What you do every day matters more than what you do every once in
a while. Read The
Power of Habit.
- You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one.
- Things turn out best for people who make the best out of the way things turn out.
- If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it.
Get back up
Thank you for this, Angel Chernoff and Marc Chernoff, I enjoyed.
Lisa Of Shades
27 March 2014